Focus and Scope
ASY-SYIR'AH invites Islamic scholars, lawyers and jurists to write or disseminate research results relating to shari'a and law issues. Article does not reflect editorial opinion.
- Open Submissions
- Peer Reviewed
Open Access Policy
This journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This journal utilizes the LOCKSS system to create a distributed archiving system among participating libraries and permits those libraries to create permanent archives of the journal for purposes of preservation and restoration. More...
Article Publication Charge
Asy-Syir'ah does not charge authors and readers with any fee. All the process of submission, publication, and maintenance of publication are free of charge.
Publication Ethics Statement
Asy-Syir’ah: Jurnal Ilmu Syari’ah dan Hukum is a peer-reviewed journal, published twice a year by Faculty of Sharia and Law, State Islamic University of Sunan Kalijaga Yogyakarta. It is available online as open access sources as well as in print. This statement clarifies ethical behaviour of all parties involved in the act of publishing an article in this journal, including the Author, the Editor-in-chief, the Editorial Board, the Reviewer, and the Publisher.
Duties of Editors
- The editors of Asy-Syir’ah is responsible for deciding which articles submitted to the journal should be published. The editors may be guided by the policies of the journal's editorial board and constrained by such legal requirements as shall then be in force regarding libel, copyright infringement, and plagiarism. The editors may confer with other editors or reviewers in making their decisions.
- An editor evaluates manuscripts for their intellectual content without regard to race, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, ethnic origin, citizenship, or political philosophy of the authors.
- The editors and any editorial staff must not disclose any information about a submitted manuscript to anyone other than the corresponding author, reviewers, potential reviewers, other editorial advisers, and the publisher, as appropriate.
- The editor, however, double checks each article before its publication. The first step is to check plagiarism against offline database developed by Al-Jami’ah Research Centre and, secondly, against as much as possible online databases.
Duties of Reviewers
- Reviewers assists the editors in making editorial decision;
- Reviews should be conducted objectively and should be supported by arguments clearly.
- Any selected referee who feels unqualified to review the research reported in a manuscript or knows that its prompt review will be impossible should notify the editors and excuse himself from the review process.
- Any manuscripts received for review must be treated as confidential documents. They must not be shown to or discussed with others except as authorized by the editor.
- Reviewers should identify relevant published work that has not been cited by the authors. Any statement that an observation, derivation, or argument had been previously reported should be accompanied by a proper citation. A reviewer should also call to the editors’ attention any substantial similarity or overlap between the manuscript under consideration and any other published paper of which they have personal knowledge.
- Every manuscript submitted to Asy-Syir’ah is independently reviewed by at least one reviewer. Decision for publication, amendment, or rejection is based upon their reports/recommendation.
- Privileged information or ideas obtained through peer review must be kept confidential and not used for personal advantage.
Duties of Authors
- Authors report the original researches;
- Data presented in the paper should be represented accurately;
- The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted;
- Authors responsible to only submit a manuscript that is free from plagiarism and academically malpractices.
- Authors must state the references from the works cited;
- Authors must write manuscripts based on the applicable rules of academic writing;
- An author should not publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal. Submitting the same manuscript to more than one journal concurrently constitutes unethical publishing behaviour and is unacceptable.
Duties of Publisher
- Asy-Syir’ah is responsible to publish articles after the process of editing, peer-review, and layout;
- Asy-Syir’ah responsible for academic freedom of the editors and reviewers;
- Asy-Syir’ah responsible for privacy, intellectual property, copyright, and editorial freedom.
Plagiarism ScreeningIt is basically author’s duty to only submit a manuscript that is free from plagiarism and academically malpractices. The editor, however, double checks each article before its publication.